1. The Information we Collect
When you use the BRAIN Lab site, we receive and collect certain information. The information that we receive and collect depends on what you do when you visit the BRAIN Lab.
- Automatically Collected Information. Some information is automatically received and sometimes collected from you when you visit the BRAIN Lab site. We receive and collect the domain and host, referring domain name, the IP address, the browser, the operating system, the date and time the user visits the site and the number of times a user logs in. We may also track and collect information regarding pages visited, sessions, hits, referrers, domains and IP addresses, products purchased and inquiries to the company for technical or customer support. We use this information to monitor the usage of our site. Also, when we send emails to you, we may be able to identify information about your email address, such as whether you can read graphic-rich HTML emails. All of the information we automatically capture provides us with the ability to enhance our customers' search and shopping experiences and to determine aggregate information about our user base and usage patterns.
- Information Collected via Cookies. The BRAIN Lab site DOES NOT utilize "cookie" technology. "Cookies" are small files or records that some sites place on your computer's hard drive to collect information about your activities while using the site.
- Information You Actively Submit to BRAIN Lab. In the following instances, we require you to actively submit Personal Customer Information: when you want to (to (i) register for the first time; (ii) complete an order; (iii) subscribe to our Newsletters or Email Alerts, or (iv) participate in an online poll, survey or game.
- Completing an Order. To complete an order, you will access stored Personal Customer Information or be asked to submit additional Personal Customer Information such as your credit card number and billing address.
- Subscribing to Newsletters and Email Alerts. To sign up for BRAIN Lab Newsletters and Email Alerts, you must supply your email address. Please note that this registry may be different from the BRAIN Lab account which you set up to become a BRAIN Lab member.
- Participation in an online poll, survey or game. When you participate in an BRAIN Lab poll, survey or game, we may ask you to disclose Personal Customer Information such as your preferences or demographic information.
2. How we use and share Personal Customer Information
Occasionally, BRAIN Lab uses Personal Customer Information to market products and services. BRAIN Lab shares Personal Customer Information that we collect as follows:
- Subcontractors. We send Personal Customer Information to third-party subcontractors and agents that work on our behalf to provide certain services. These third parties do not have the right to use the Personal Customer Information beyond what is necessary to assist us. They are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the Personal Customer Information and are restricted from using such information in any way not expressly authorized by BRAIN Lab.
- Service Providers. We send Personal Customer Information to third-party providers of goods and services that you may purchase from time to time on our site (e.g., prints and posters). Like subcontractors, these third parties do not have the right to use the Personal Customer Information beyond what is necessary to assist us. They are contractually obligated to maintain the confidentiality and security of the Personal Customer Information and are restricted from using such information in any way not expressly authorized by BRAIN Lab.
- Credit card companies. Credit card transactions are handled by a third-party financial institution and their vendors, which receive the credit card number and other personal identifying information only to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions.
- Companies affiliated with BRAIN Lab. From time to time, on limited bases, we may share with entities affiliated with BRAIN Lab contact information of our account holders so that such entities can promote special offers, events, new products and services.
- Other Trustworthy Third Parties. From time to time, on limited bases, we may share with trustworthy third parties contact information of our account holders so that such third parties can promote their products and services.
- Law Enforcement Investigations. BRAIN Lab may release Personal Customer Information when we believe, in our good judgment, that such release is reasonably necessary to comply with law, enforce or apply the terms of any of our policies or user agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of BRAIN Lab, our users, or others.
3. Communications from BRAIN Lab
As a member, you may receive the following communications from BRAIN Lab:
- Communications related to transaction and account maintenance activities. By becoming an BRAIN Lab member, you may receive communications from us relating to: order confirmations; order updates; order problems; and material changes to site policies and procedures.
- Communications from BRAIN Lab and its affiliated companies. As a member, we use and share your contact information to communicate special offers, events, new products and services from BRAIN Lab and our affiliated companies. We may communicate via email, postal mail and outbound telephone calls.
- Email/Newsletter Communications. You may sign up for free Newsletters and Alerts from BRAIN Lab. To do so, you will need to supply your email address during the registration process. Please note that the Newsletter and Alert registry may be a different registry from the account you set up to become a BRAIN Lab member. To unsubscribe from Newsletters and Alerts, you can select the link at the bottom of any email Newsletter or Alert and follow the instructions to unsubscribe from the registry.
4. Linking to Third-Party Web Sites
When you click on links and banners on our site that take you to third-party web sites, you will be subject to the third parties' privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, BRAIN Lab cannot be responsible for the actions of any third-party web sites. We encourage you to read the posted privacy statement of any and every site you visit, whether you are linking from our site or browsing on your own.
5. Questions or Comments
6. Security Policy
Although BRAIN Lab carefully selects its third party service providers, advertisers and other affiliates, is sensitive to the privacy and security of your personal information, and intends to safeguard such information, BRAIN Lab and any such third parties cannot guarantee absolute security for such information. Such information may be transmitted through or using the Internet, other public telecommunications networks, servers, hardware and software ("systems") that are not owned, operated, or controlled by BRAIN Lab, and BRAIN Lab makes no assurances that such information will remain private when transmitted to BRAIN Lab through such systems. Although we use industry standard practices to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personally identifiable information or private communications are impenetrable to hackers.
- Protecting your information. The Personal Customer Information you provide -- including your credit card information -- to create and access an account with us and to make purchases from us is secured using industry standard e-commerce security technology such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. We use this SSL technology to prevent such information from being intercepted and read as it is transmitted over the Internet. The encrypted data goes to a secure site where your information is stored on restricted-access computers located at restricted-access sites.
- Remember to sign out. To further prevent unauthorized access to your account, remember that, after you sign in, you should sign out once you have (i) completed your transaction, (i) completed managing your account, or (iii) decided to step away from your computer. Anyone who accesses your computer after you have signed in but before you have either signed out or your session has timed-out can access your account.
This site is owned and operated by BRAIN Lab. For further information about the BRAIN Lab website, please send an email to info@BRAIN Lab.com.
ADDITIONAL PRIVACY STATEMENT
PERSONAL INFORMATION. We only collect personal information from Users who voluntarily provide such information to us through the Site. This may include a User's name, address, phone number, e-mail address and any other personal information provided by you through the Site to us, our employees or agents, via e-mail or otherwise.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION. We use the Information collected from Users to operate the Site, respond to Users' questions and/or comments, notify Users of a confirmed rebate, provide any services or information that you request through the website, provide Users with shopping information that we believe would interest them, or provide Users with information about important functionality changes to the Site. Anonymous browsing information may be used to gather broad demographic information used in marketing, promotion or similar activities. This information may be aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, shopping volume and other statistics about Users of the Site. We also may use this data to monitor Site performance and to make the Site easier and more convenient to use.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH. We will not sell, share, trade or give away any Information to third parties that the Site collects or receives regarding Site Users subject to the following exceptions:
- If the Site has a User's consent to share personal information, it may do so.
- The Site may provide to others the aggregate statistics about our Users' site activity for purposes of marketing, promotion or similar activities. None of these statistics will identify Users personally.
- The Site may share aggregate statistics with us.
- We may disclose Information about our Users to others if we have a good faith belief that we are required or permitted to do so by law or legal process, to respond to claims, or to protect the rights, property or safety of BRAIN Lab, BRAIN Lab or others.
- In the event that the BRAIN Lab or BRAIN Lab decides to sell all or part or its assets, we reserve the right to include Information among the assets transferred to the acquiring company.
APPLICABLE LAW/INTERNATIONAL ISSUES. Information that is submitted to this Site will be collected, processed, stored, disclosed and disposed of in accordance with applicable U.S. law. If you are a non-U.S. User, you acknowledge and agree that we may collect and use your Information and disclose it to other entities outside your resident jurisdiction, as discussed in "Who We Share Your Information With" above. In addition, such Information may be stored on servers located outside your resident jurisdiction. U.S. law may not provide the degree of protection for personal information that is available in other countries. By providing us with your Information, you acknowledge that your have read this Policy, understand it, agree to its terms and consent to the transfer of such information outside your resident jurisdiction.
LINKED INTERNET WEBSITES. The Site provides hyperlinks, which are highlighted words or pictures within a hypertext document that, when clicked, take you to other websites not controlled by us. These hyperlinked websites may contain privacy provisions that are different from those provided herein. We are not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure of information collected through these websites, and we expressly disclaim any and all liabilities related to such collection, use, or disclosure.
CHILDREN'S PRIVACY PROTECTION. This Site does not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13, you agree that you will not provide personal information about yourself to us through the Site.
SECURITY. All web servers used by the Site have appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures in place to safeguard and secure all information we collect online. We make no representations or warranties with regard to the sufficiency of these security measures. We shall not be responsible for any actual or consequential damages that result from a lapse in compliance with this Policy as a result of a security breach or technical malfunction. Certain information may be transmitted to you by email. Although it is illegal to intercept or disclose these messages under U.S. federal law, these transmissions are not secure. Therefore, you should not expect to have a right to privacy in any of your communications.
HOW TO CONTACT US. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact BRAIN Lab at 762 West Cypress Street, San Dimas, California 91773.